Monday, April 14, 2008

New developments in my quest to CRNA school.


My journey to become a nurse anesthetist has been long, 4 years worth to date. Much has happened and many things changed in my life during that time; got divorced, graduated nursing, passed boards (N-CLEX), passed my open heart recovery internship program and got hired on the unit. All of which were carefully planned from day one with Nurse Anesthesia in mind. Every exam I took, every hour studying, was with the anesthesia program in my mind.
I am currently attending classes for my BSN program and have only 5 classes left to graduate. This week I was ecstatic to find out that the college in which I intend to apply to anesthesia although states we must take the GRE, notified me that with a GPA of 3.75 or above I need not take it in order to apply. Not only that, but since I only intend to apply to the program in June of 2009 for the January 2010 program, they also offer 5 classes from within the program to be taken while waiting. In essence, I can knock off 5 classes (over 12 credits) without being in the program. This news was phenomenal and hopefully potentiates my chances of being accepted into the program. The fact that I completed all my credits (ADN and BSN) at this college will also help in my pursue of this graduate program (hopefully).

No comments: